Sunday, June 9, 2013

Quick Quotes Guest Designer


Christine here and what an exciting day it is for me!  I can't describe how thrilled I was to be asked to be a Guest Designer on the Quick Quotes Blog for the month of June.

I've been a huge fan of of all the Quick Quotes products since I was first introduced to them when taking a Workshop taught by Patsy at a Scrapbook Expo.  Last year I also had the opportunity to attend a Quick Quotes Private Reserve in Palm Springs, CA.  If you ever have the chance to attend one of the events, I highly recommend it.  I had to ship my clothes home from the event because I had so many projects and giveaway products the filled the 2 suitcases I brought with me!

When I received my box of Guest Designer goodies, I spread them all out on the table and looked for inspiration for where to start.  I stared out the window watching all the visitors to our bird feeder with the lilacs blooming in the background and instantly the idea was there.  The Dusty Road Paper Collection was a reflection of all the colors I was seeing outside my window!

 
I started with an unfinished bird house from a local craft store and painted the entire thing with black acrylic paint.  To give the piece some added height, I glued and old candle holder to the bottom of the bird house.  The Dusty Road 6 x 6 Paper Pad had the perfect small-scale and variety of prints I needed to cover the piece.

 
The bonus with Quick Quotes paper pads is that not only do you get a great variety of prints and matching solid papers, you also get coordinating quotes and journaling cut outs.  The want 2 scrap - Say it with Pearls were just the right touch to add to the ends of the perches and floral centers.



 
I shingled the lower roof with 1" punched circles that were cut in half.  The upper roof was done using strips of paper with randomly cut strips.  The dimension and shape of the shingles really came to life when they were inked with Java Powder Puff Chalking Ink.
 

 
I love to make paper flowers and almost went overboard since the papers were so easy to work with.  All of the flowers and leaves, except for the plaid daisy, were made using dies.  The daisy shape was a punch.  Everyone of the flowers was inked using a variety of my favorite Quick Quotes product, the Powder Puff Chalking Inks.  A small touch of Stickles was added to some of the flowers for a bit of sparkle.
 
I can't wait to get back into my craft room and start my next project!  See you again later this month and keep on crafting!!
 
 
Products Used:
Other Items:
  • Wood Bird House - Michaels
  • Black Acrylic Paint - Craft Smart
  • Pearls - Want 2 Scrap
  • Bitty Blossoms Die, Carnation Creations Die, Rose Creations Die - Spellbinders
  • Circle and Daisy Punches - Fiskars
  • Brads - Oriental Trading Company
  • Stickles - Ranger
  • Adhesive - Beacon's 3 in 1

No comments:

Post a Comment